Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tomorrow is Friendly Skies Day!

I am sitting in my office, and it's 5pm. I had intended to try and get home early, but clearly that hasn't happened. I have spent today doing various little things so that I'm ready for tomorrow. Now I just have to remember to take everything home that needs to be taken home; I don't intend to come into work tomorrow.

I heard back from Canterbury University today, and regretfully they can no longer host us. It wasn't really a great surprise to me, and I think we were all mentally prepared for that answer. I don't think it will stop us from going down to Christchurch though (unless, of course, they have another earthquake). I am sure we can perhaps organize something else in the vicinity (perhaps with schools instead of the university). We have to be flexible! Maybe we can even use the two days as "relaxation days" - we haven't built a single relaxation day into our schedule so we may need one by then! It might be a good time to process some of our data.

Anyway, even though we're leaving tomorrow, it still really hasn't sunk in. I'm sure it will be very different in the morning when the panic sets in as I realise I haven't packed properly or something! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment