Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rotorua

We heard back from a school in Rotorua yesterday; it was really exciting. The school has a lot of programs going on, and it should be really informative to visit. They also might be able to give us a traditional Maori welcome, which will be fantastic, except for the fact that we have to sing back! Now we all have to practice a song! None of us claim to be singers, so I guess we'll see what comes forth from our vocal chords! ;-)

On a sort of related note, I figured out how to scan business cards on my iPhone, so that's been kind of entertaining for me! I also Skyped a friend from NZ yesterday using the iPhone and had great sound and picture. These phones are great! :-)

We are gradually filling in our schedule; now it's down to about three schools yet to confirm, so that's pretty good. We have an alarming amount of work to do before, and during the trip, but so far I feel that we're mostly in control of it. Every time we have contact with schools, I get a rush of excitment. It's going to be amazing to see so many schools in such a short period of time. I only hope we can store all the information we get in a really good, retrievable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment